If you have updated your kitchen, here are a few steps you can take:
1. Document the changes: Take photos or videos of your newly updated kitchen. This documentation can be helpful for insurance purposes, as it provides visual evidence of the changes you’ve made.
2. Review your insurance policy: Take some time to review your current homeowners insurance policy. Consider the coverage limits, exclusions, and any endorsements or riders you may have. It’s important to understand what is already covered and if any modifications or updates are necessary. Let us know if you have any questions about your coverages!
3. Contact us: Reach out to your Pickett agent to inform them about the kitchen updates. Provide us with the relevant details, such as the extent of the updates and any changes in the value of your property. We can guide you on whether adjustments to your policy are needed and help ensure you have sufficient coverage for your updated kitchen.
4. Consider additional coverage: If your kitchen updates include expensive appliances, custom cabinetry, or other high-value items, you may want to consider adding additional coverage. We can advise you on options such as scheduled personal property endorsements or increased coverage limits to adequately protect these items.
5. Update your home inventory: Take this opportunity to update your home inventory. Just download our app and use the inventory function to take pictures and list other pertinent information about valuable items. This will be useful in the event of a claim and can help ensure you have accurate documentation for your insurance company.
Remember, it’s crucial to maintain open communication with your agent throughout the process. Our team can provide personalized advice and help you make informed decisions regarding your insurance coverage after the kitchen update.